Where I've been this week in the social web's places and spaces:
- For Linkedin members, Social Media Academy Group, the discussion over the question "Building a personal brand - how to achieve a happy medium between being personal and professional ", is an interesting one:
End of 2007 I concluded the PERSONAL | BUSINESS demarcation happens in our BRAIN but not in the eye of the beholder...says Axel Schultze
- Also for Linkedin members a discussion on the approach to have a social media manager across all departments as a coordinating role.
- Recruiting is undergoing a revolution according to Michael Specht - who is organising a conference of the same name for December in Melbourne.
- More ... How free social media beat the recruitment consultants to death
- I also discovered Twitter Job Search and loved the Job Map.
- The new 6-month schedule of the Leadership Class of the Social Media Academy will allow those business managers doing the course to integrate their learnings with real on-going work projects.
- Social media demographics - I found the most convenient one page source to be Jeremiah Owyang's Collection of Social Network Stats for 2009 and a good recent update from ScoopDog.
- Gist, I'm trying it - it takes some time to manage the initial analysis.
- Customer Experience with RealNetworks is worth a quick read, on the Right Now blog.
- Ensuring The Future of Food from the Japanese Government is a wake-up call to Japanese citizens and a really strikingly simple but effective video for all of us young and old.
- Noticed that Slideshare had a new sign-up layout at the comments section, the ubiquity of "connect" and especially Facebook Connect is a possible reason Facebook will displace Linkedin: